THE JANUARY 19TH HIGH SCHOOL INVITATIONAL HAS BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE FORECASTED WEATHER FOR THE WEEKEND
1. IN ORDER TO CONFIRM YOUR ENTRY IN EITHER MEET PLEASE EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org IMMEDIATELY. This will also permit us to put together an email distribution list of teams.
2. You may enter a max of three (3) athletes in each running event, including relays. Triple jump and pole vault events are limited to a maximum of three (3) entries. Unlimited entries in the shot put and high jump.
3. Entry fee is $20.00 per individual event entry and $40.00 per relay entry up to a maximum of $225.00 per team ($450.00 per school). Scratches or no shows from the original entry are not refunded (please make all of your changes prior to the entry deadline).
Registration & Check-in: Registration will be located near the common start/finish line. Please take care of meet entry fees at this time.
Scratches: When you register you will receive a roster of your athletes with their entered events. Please take a few minutes and cross off any scratches and return it to the registration table when you arrive at the field house.
Running Events will be run FAST to SLOW; Shot Put will be run LOWEST seed to TOP seed. Triple Jump will be conducted with an open pit with boys first to be followed by girls.
Schedule of Running Events: A rolling schedule will be used throughout the meet.
Check-In: Check in for the short sprints will occur behind the start area of the 55m hurdles and 55m dash. Announcements will be made for 1st, 2nd, and final call. If an athlete does not report when final call is made they will be scratched from the event. Check in for all other running events will take place at the finish line area. Field event check in will occur at the area of competition 45 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. Encourage your athletes to check in for their events well in advance of the anticipated start time.
Attempts & Advancement in Shot Put.: Athletes will receive 3 attempts in the preliminary round. Top 9 competitors will advance to finals for an additional 3 attempts.
Advancement in Running Events (55 Dash & 55 Hurdles): Top 8 athletes will advance to the finals in the 60 Dash and 60 Hurdles and will compete in a two-section final.
Awards: T-shirts will be awarded to the champion athlete in each event. Please have your athlete come to the finish line area to receive his/her award.
Warming up and Cooling down: We encourage everyone to utilize our outdoor track complex across the street in order to avoid extra traffic on the indoor track.
Bathrooms: Bathrooms will be available in the Kline Center lobby area and in the locker rooms. Lobby and bathrooms are located up the steps to the right as you enter the field house. Encourage your athletes to use the locker room bathrooms on the track floor level.
Team Camps: All teams will set up camp in the disignated areas. NO ONE is permitted to be on the wood basketball floor for any reason other than to compete in the high jump. There are additional areas in the lobby (to the right of the info desk as you come in) and another staging area on the first floor past the locker rooms and racquetball courts.
Spikes: Only ¼” spikes may be used on all running, horizontal jumping events and pole vault. No Spikes will be permitted in the high jump as this is contested on a wood floor.
Concessions Sales: We will have a variety of snacks and beverages for sale.
Meet T-shirts Sales: Will be on sale in the lobby area near the concession stand.
Checks should be made payable to Dickinson College, and sent to:
Dickinson College Athletic Department
Carlisle, PA 17013
Spikes are permitted for running events, and for the triple jump events.
Timing is F.A.T.
There will be advanced seeding of events. Heat and lane assignments will be known at check-in with the clerk prior to each event.
In case of inclement weather please call 717-245-1365 or 717-245-1362 for info. A decision will be made at the latest by 6:00am Saturday morning if the meet is cancelled. We also will send out an email announcement.
|January 19, 2019 Entry Form|
|PERFORMANCE LIST||(Updated Wednesday, 1-16 at 6:45 pm)|
1. Complete the entry form for the appropriate meet date
2. Please enter an estimated performance to aid in setting up appropriate sections for the events. If you do not enter an estimated performance that athlete will be seeded with the least competitive performers.
3. All entries are due Monday at 12:00 midnight. No additional entries will be permitted after this time.
4. A performance list of entries will be posted on the Dickinson College T&F website on Wednesday. Scratches will be accepted until 5:00 pm Friday. You may delete athletes on the morning of the meet, but no additions will be made on Saturday. If an athlete’s or relay’s status is in question, make the entry and a deletion can easily be made by Friday at 5 pm or at the meet.
ORDER OF EVENTS:
Running events start at 9:30 am
- Girls followed by Boys: (Except for Finals of 55 Hurdles)
4 x 800m
55m Hurdles (Finals)
55m Dash (Finals)
Field events start at 9:30 am: (Please Note: The Long jump will be contested in December and the Triple Jump in January)
Triple Jump, Boys: 9:30-11:00
Triple Jump, Girls: 11:30-1:00
Pole Vault (B followed by G): 9:30
Shot Put (G followed by B): 9:30
High Jump (G followed by B): 9:30